Self-ligating braces are an advanced orthodontic treatment option. And if you ask the patients of Broad Street Braces, it is just what they anticipate from Dr. Neil. We provide the latest treatment methods and individualized care that consistently exceeds expectations.
While we offer all teeth straightening methods, there are several advantages to choosing self-ligating braces. Read on, and you will understand why they are a fantastic option for you or a loved one.
Self-Ligating Braces vs. Traditional Metal Braces with Bands
The arch wires in traditional braces are maintained by “ties” attached to the brackets. These ties manage the wire tension. They are tightened to cause the wire to move, which shifts the teeth.
Brackets that ‘self-ligate’ negates the need for elastic bands. Instead, the arch wire is secured in the custom bracket by a clip integrated into the bracket’s design. This makes it possible for the arch wire to glide easily within the brackets, facilitating a more straightforward, smoother movement of teeth.
Broad Street Braces allows you to customize the look of your self-ligating braces by providing both metal and ceramic brackets.
Advantages of Using Self-Ligating Braces
Self-ligating braces provide numerous advantages. Among these are:
- Less time spent at the orthodontist’s office. Replacement of each ligature is required for traditional braces at each adjustment. Self-ligating brackets can be opened and closed, which is a quicker adjustment method.
- Dental cleaning is easier and faster. This is because the ligature between your brackets and teeth often acts as a trap for food. Self-ligating braces do not require these food-trapping ligatures, so they can be easier to maintain.
- Patients feel less discomfort. Self-ligating braces have the potential to be less painful than regular braces because fewer parts are involved.
- Discretion. The system is smaller and less bulky, making it more discreet.
- Anyone can use them. Braces with self-ligating brackets are available to all patients requiring orthodontic treatment. Self-ligating braces can be used by children, adolescents and adults of all ages to straighten their teeth.
You can call Broad Street Braces to learn more about the benefits of choosing self-ligating braces.
Scheduling a Consultation to Get Braces in Philadelphia, PA
If you want to achieve a perfect smile through fewer office visits, a potentially shorter treatment period and a more comfortable process, contact Broad Street Braces to schedule a free self-ligating braces consultation.