Updated office procedures
Welcome back to Broad Street Braces! We’ve missed you. Please review the following ways that we are keeping you and our staff safe and healthy.
Our office is committed to the highest level of infection control. In addition to exceeding the CDC (Center for Disease Control) and ADA (American Dental Association) guidelines for infection control, please review some of the following measures you can expect at your next appointment to ensure the safety of our patients and team:
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be greeted by a team member at the front door who will check you in, take your temperature, and again ask you several screening questions. If there are other patients ahead of you, please form a single file line and use our markers to maintain 6 ft. between others. If you arrive early to your appointment, after checking in at the front entrance you may wait outside or in your vehicle- we will text or call you when we are ready for you!
- We will ONLY be allowing patients into the office. All caregivers will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle. Please make sure to plan appropriately if there is poor weather. When it is your appointment time, a team member will walk patients into the office and to their chairs.
- Once appointments are complete, we will call you to pick up your child, and your child will be escorted to the front entrance.
- Please make sure you wear a mask to this appointment. We do not have extras, and we will be unable to see you without face protection. Our brushing station is also closed- please make sure you brush beforehand.
- Many appointments were postponed the last several weeks. As such, current demand for appointments is very high. If you are unable to make your appointment, we ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice so that we have the opportunity to fill your appointment time with another patient who may be waiting to be seen.